The other day I was thinking, "Gosh, it's time to blog again...." but I don't have anything new to say. Bummer.
-SO-
I started flipping through my journal for something OLD to say. I had one or two things I could talk about...I was kicking around the idea of just posting an old entry I'd written about Mom and "her" music. *laughs* I'd need to think about it...
Well, then yesterday I was riding in dad's truck, listening to his mp3 player. Bruce Springsteen's "Hungry Heart" was playing.
That did it.
Hehe. Mommy flashback.
......................................................................................
Thursday, 5.25.06
10:05 a.m.
Yesterday I played some music on Mom's computer. When I clicked on Hungry Heart, by Bruce Springsteen, I remembered how Mom used to call the radio stations to complain when they "played it wrong". No joke, every time, without fail, she would call the radio station like this: "Hi, I was just calling in reference to a song you just played--Hungry Heart--well, you played *most* of it, but you let it fade too soon. You see, you played the first two "yeah's", but it's that "Aw, yeah" in the last two measures that just makes the song, and you faded out before Bruce got to it."
She'd call them every time, and sometimes she wouldn't hang up till the DJ apologized and promised to "fix it" next time.
My mother...
......................................................................................
I must now beg for comments.
Yeah. Guys. I get a little feedback from the comments left on my posts. I get a little more through e-mail, and I get a little bit more via word of mouth ("so-and-so was telling me the other day that he liked your entry about..."). GUYS!!! If you're out there--and if there are as many of you as my profile views would indicate--leave a comment! Please? Lemme know what you think! please?
I wanna hear what you think... :o)
......................................................................................
Ooh!! I got new guitar toys today!!!
I got a new tuner, and some bridge pins, and a capo. I don't know how I've made it through....*counts*....two and a half years-ish without a capo. I don't know how I did it. Yes I do. I only wrote music in one key. And if that key proved too low, I'd play the same progression in another key. Two keys--C and G--and they were my "capo". Heh.
But now I have a real one, and I can transpose to my little heart's content. ^.^
*happy now*
But oh man, I felt so stupid when I went into Guitar Center today. I had NO idea what I was shopping for. Like, I had my little list of stuff....Like, I wanted some bridge pins.....but I walked in......and there were so MANY bridge pins!!! And I had to CHOOSE? And those were just the bridge pins! Then there was the tuner, and the capo. I decided to save new strings and a replacement strap for another day. Oh, I felt so stupid, like I had a big, ugly black-and-white bumper sticker plastered on my forehead that read: "Sell Me Anything, I Have No Idea What I'm Looking For!"
I just gawked at the wall of STUFF behind the counter and let the clerk tell me what to buy. Oh, I HATE going into a store like that and not knowing what I'm getting. When I started taking pictures, I had the same problem. At least I know how to navigate Wolf now.
......................................................................................
A few good (and random) pictures

Davey and his boogie board at Galveston.

Erinne (blue) and my cousin, Chloe (purple). They're supposed to be napping. ;o)

Bluebeard Rick....after an ice cream truck Bomb-Pop. ^.^
......................................................................................
Talk to you all later. :o)
(Don't forget to leave a comment!!!)

1 comment:
Hehe. I was actually going to set up another account for that express purpose today!
Thanks for saving me the trouble, Dad. :o)
Love you!
Post a Comment