This entry will doubtless find more favor in the eyes of the female half of my audience today. (Boys, don't say I didn't warn you...)
......................................................................................
Last night, on a whim, Amanda and I decided to treat ourselves to homemade facials. I was in BAD need of one....my skin was in such bad shape, owing to the sunburn and recent break-out I've had to endure. Yick.
So what did we do?
Ashley and Amanda's At-Home Spa Facial
-The first thing we did was steam our faces..."to open the pores and prepare the face for exfoliation." We boiled water and decanted it into cappuccino mugs. (at this point in my entry, I must admit that I had to visit Dictionary.com to check the spelling for cappuccino. Did you know that you can spell it either with one "p" or two?? Hm.)
*ahem* anyway...
We tented our heads with towels and sat with our faces over the steam. Oh my goodness, that steam felt SO good!! That was nice.
-So we each had two little cups in front of us: one holding oil and one holding sugar. Any kind of oil works, so long as it's not one that clogs your pores, as that could result in a nasty break-out. Almond oil is the prime choice. We used virgin coconut oil (...."Ashley, will coconut oil work?"...."Sure! It's non-comedogenic. I think."....."Non-comedowho?").
The coconut oil served as a base for the exfoliant--sugar!! So we dipped our hands in the cups of coconut oil and applied it to our faces. Then we dipped our hands in the cups of sugar and used it like a scrub, working in circles all over our cheeks and such. Hee.
-We then rinsed off the sugar with warm water, and then used a cleanser to remove any traces of oil. Then we repeated the steaming process to re-open our pores.
-When the steam had again subsided, we smeared our faces with a paste made from very warm water and oatmeal...."to draw out impurities and condition the skin." We let it sit for ten minutes or so, and then wiped off the oatmeal.
Yeah.....that was a mess.
-Finally, we rinsed our faces with very warm water, splashed our faces with very cold water...."to snap the pores shut"....and applied a good night cream.
......................................................................................
In hindsight, the night cream should probably have been omitted, it made my face feel kinda heavy when it was all done.
Nevertheless, my face is fresh, exfolliated, and soft. My makeup looks better, and it made for something to write about today. ;o)
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL!
But you see Jo, I'm gonna bring the stuff make every female in your house (except maybe Bsby J)sit still for one of those when I come to visit in October. ;o)
Post a Comment