Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Too much of a good thing?

So, as I've said to many a soul this week, I'm on a little Beatles kick right now. Actually, I think I'm forcing it into a wane.
Well, see, I bought the Revolver album last Sunday, and I took it to work and listened to it the following Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. And that started Bobby--one of the guys at work--and I talking about The Beatles in general, and the next day he came in with his copy of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for me to borrow. Dude. I've wanted the Sgt. Pepper album for ages! So I've been listening to, like, ALL Beatles for the better part of a week. And then a funny thing happened. I realized that every time I put on one of those CD's, I'd get this vague sensation that I was indulging in a guilty pleasure, like I shouldn't be "Beatling". Hm. And eventually I was able to point to the cause of such a notion. The CD's to which I was listening were a couple of their later projects, after Harrison got guru- and krishna-obsessed, and Lennon got hippified, and ALL of 'em got into the politics and drugs and trippy stuff. And I think maybe my spirit is just not well-suited to such a high intake of the dark overtones that those albums took. So as a result, I started thinking on Monday about going on a Beatles fast.....and then Bobby bought me 1--the Beatles' #1's album. 27 chart-topping, Beatle-tastic singles! Dude, could I resist? I think not. So I listened to 1 all day Monday. Then I decided to do my Beatles fast Tuesday.
I am going into withdrawal. I've got the shakes.
No, not really.

I've been filling the gap with Phil Wickham instead. Lovely.
www.philwickham.com
www.myspace.com/philwickham
Yes.....anybody reading this needs to go to Wickham's myspace and listen to everything there. Especially Messiah and Grace. Because I like Messiah, and everyone else likes Grace. Both very cool songs. 8-)

It's making the Beatles deprivation a little easier to swallow. This guy likes 3/4 time a lot. So do I. *happy grin* And his voice is somethin' else. *girlish smile* Lovely.
It's killing me. He's in town tonight. For tonight only. Playing at Perkins Chapel at SMU. And I can't go!!! *cries* I have KidStuf rehearsal tonight. BUT, Bobby (my brother Bobby, not work Bobby) and I had the marvelous pleasure of going and hanging out with the Norwoods at Grapevine Mills last night, and we popped into Virgin, and I bought his CD. *is so happy* (wow....lots of asterisks today, huh?) I also got Sanctus Real's latest project. FINALLY! There were two other CD's I desperately wanted to buy, but I just couldn't rationalize spending SO much money in one place. :oP Now, if those other two had been at the store NEXT door.... ;o)

......................................................................................

Hey, does anybody want to see more pictures?

Two really cute pictures of me baby sis, and one of me baby sis with me da. ^.^
Here they are, plus the direct links, if you can't see them. :o)


(Her first Oreo.)
http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/AshleyMichele/Pictures_of_Erinne/erinne_cookie_b_w.jpg


http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/AshleyMichele/Pictures_of_Erinne/erinne_grass.jpg


http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/AshleyMichele/Pictures_of_Erinne/dad-erinne_grass.jpg

......................................................................................

And on that happy note, I am done. :o)

10 comments:

MsJennBug said...

Oh, she's soooo beautiful! would you nuzzle her sweet cheek for me? and I *LOVE* that picture of her and Dad in the grass... way cute!

Funny about the Beatles! We have a cd that plays at least once a day that is Beatles songs BUT it's all instrumental and almost sounds like classical tunes. lol it's called, "Tapestries". anyway. Too funny.

I went to the Phil Wickham site. Wasn't as impressed with him. LOL I did like the sound of "Divine Romance" but i think that's more the guitar than his voice. ;oD

~Ashley Michele~ said...

Hehe. But when I bought the cd, it was even way more amazing. Sorry it's not your cup of tea. :o/ I must say I'm rather surprised, Sanctus Real mama. ;o) Everyone on the Sanctus Real forum loves him. lol. That's where I found out about him.

Michael said...

Ashley, I have been lurking here for a while reading and felt I must comment. I love the photos of the boys baptism. I wish I could have been there but your descriptions were quite vivid and I almost feel as though I was. Thank you for sharing not just the event, but the emotion.

I really like the pictures of Erinne but did you have to include your dad too!! (just kidding)

Speaking of music, while the Beatles are more up my alley, Marliese and I went to a Christian Music Festival two weeks ago where there were quite a few different bands playing. Some I could skip but did enjoy, suprisingly, Toby Mac and Jeff Calhoun. Tree 63, Seventh Day Slumber and GRITS were there as well. Very diverse for my ideal of Christian music but it was a lot of fun.

I was in your neighborhood earlier this week, OKC. Maybe I can find a way to get sidetracked through Dallas next time. Love to the whole family and keep up the good work. I want to hear more about how work is going too!!! Michael as in Uncle Mickey (just in case you couldn't tell)

~Ashley Michele~ said...

Hi Uncle Michael!! :o) I'm glad to hear you like my blog...I didn't know you were reading it!

Yeah, TobyMac rocks. Hehe. So does Seventh Day Slumber. :o) Which festival did you attend?

Luv ya!

MsJennBug said...

OK, here we go again.... hey, ashley, if a person were to hear the "best" Seventh Day Slumber song, which one would they listen to?

for ... er.... uhhh... a friend, ya.

It's so funny, the 'guys' at work think i'm "cool" now b/c I like Santus Real! So we were having a discussion about chrisitan rock music tonight. most of my faves are a little outdated (think, mid 90s).

So, they asked if I'd heard Toby Mac, which I had and do enjoy. (my friend who got me 'addicted' to Blackeyed Peas sent Toby Mac as a replacement.) Then they asked if I'd heard Kutless, which I didn't think I had. After hearing just a little it was obvious to me that I had!

So, now, if I want to impress them with "my" knowledge of Seventh Day Slumber - which song do i 'research'? :oD

~Ashley Michele~ said...

Hm...well, I suppose "Caroline" is probably their biggest hit...though I wouldn't say it's their best. I like "Oceans From the Rain" a lot. "Break Me" is good, too. :o)

And, for the record, Amanda and I comprise the whole of the most passionately devoted Kutless fan club in the galaxy. Ever.
lol

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael said...

The concerts were part of an annual event called New Song. It lasts from Friday evening until Sunday morning. We stay in tents which is fun but it was rather hot this year. It is always the last weekend before school starts.

~Ashley Michele~ said...

^Oh yeah, I've heard of NewSong! It would be cool to go one day. It's always too far away, tho'. All of the really *good* festivals are too far away. :o/
Ah well...

MsJennBug said...

hey ashley - go read my blog we're "expecting" another child in four days! and she's 16. LOL