Oh my.....if I ever doubted it before, it is now clear to me: I love my job.
So, as most of you already know, I work as a receptionist in the corporate office of a major trucking company. One of my duties here is to screen the applications that come through the 1-800 Jobline, where hopeful truck drivers leave their contact information so HR managers from the appropriate distribution center can get in touch with them to schedule an interview.
Not a particularly entertaining job in and of itself (although we *have* received some interesting calls in the past).
It becomes entertaining and downright lovable when a rather daft, and doubtless inebriated, trucker leaves a message....
"Hello? I'm Brad and I want to, and-- I want to join the 'winning team' class A thing. (*aside to someone else* well, it beeped, so I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.) And uh, I love you. And please call this number back. As many times as you want, because I worked for U-Haul...for many years. And after that I worked for Atlas Van Lines. Drove for a long time. Bye."
....and did I mention that he didn't even leave a phone number for callback? Hehehehe...people can be so strange. I love it. Perhaps almost as much as Brad loves us. ;-)
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ashley,
After burning through your blog in just a few hours when I first discovered it, I've got to say that I miss your posts. I really enjoy reading what you have to say, even if it's just talking about your day or what the family is doing. So, when you have the time - say something. The world is waiting!
I linked to this in a post I did on people who love their jobs. :)
http://www.zandria.us/archives/main/2007/08/13/our-jobs-doing-what-we-love/
Post a Comment